Monday, February 4, 2013

Super Bowl 2013


If you have been following my blog over the past year, you have probably noticed that I am not a big football fan.  I have never blogged about any football game or football related issue.  However, today is not a normal day.  Today is the Superbowl.  Before sitting down to watch the game, there were so many story lines that made the game worth watching.  Outside of actual game, Ray Lewis has been at the center of media coverage.  The media was very interested in whether the 49ers young and  relatively inexperienced quarterback would be able to produce on the biggest stage.  How would John and Jim Harbaugh prepare their respective teams for the big showdown?  

Although I am not a huge football fan, I am not oblivious to the sport.  That said, I am well aware of Ray Lewis and his many accomplishments.  He has been a warrior in the NFL for 17 years and it would be great to see him finish his last season with another Super Bowl ring.  Ray is obviously a first-ballot-hall-of-famer.  He may very well be remembered as the best defensive player in the history of the NFL.   

Jim and John Harbaugh are two brothers who have led their respective teams to the top of the NFL mountain.  The Harbaugh family must be very proud.  Talk about a house divided.  As a family member, how do you choose a team to root for?  Although I respect Ray Lewis and everything he has done for the NFL, I would not be mad if the 49ers win because Colin Kaepernick is a member of my fraternity, Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. As the saying goes, "Nupes Win."  We shall see.  

The commercials were a bit of a let down this year.  I can usually count on at least three of four hilarious commercials.  My favorite of recent history is the Doritos commercial when the little kid slapped the guy who was dating his mother.  When the guy tried to take one of his Doritos, he completely lost it.  "Keep your hands off my mama; keep your hands off my Doritos."  Hilarious.




Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment