Sunday, December 2, 2012

Skyfall: A Very Good James Bond Movie



2012 marks the 50th anniversary of the James Bond series.  Of those 50 years, I think my dad has probably seen every movie in the series.  As an aside, my co-worker gave me a great idea for a Christmas gift for him.  Apparently, you can purchase every movie in the James Bond series from its beginning for less than $100.  I think that will be my dad's gift.  I am so glad to know what I will get him because I usually wait until the last minute.

Although I have not seen every movie in the series like my dad, I know the series has certain staples over the years.  Those include: beautiful women, action, fashion and oh yeah, beautiful women.  Not a bad list if you ask me.  Skyfall certainly delivered all three.  This movie was better than I thought.  It seems that movie directors are doing a great job providing character development.  In Dark Knight Rises, the producer focused on the villain's past, so that movie goers could more easily understand his diabolical nature.  The director of Skyfall did the same for James Bond's character.
I do not have a favorite scene from the movie, but that is because there are so many great scenes.  This movie was shot in various exotic locations.  The action scenes were really good.  The fashion displayed by the characters in the movie was on par with the characters in  the Ocean Eleven series.  I picked up a few ideas for shirt/tie combinations and other more nuanced fashion pointers.  The Bond girls did not let me down in this movie. 
The villain in this movie was particularly sinister.  I won't spoil it for you if you have not seen it, but the villain was an ex-British intelligence agent.  He possessed a great deal of aggression and anger because of what he believed to be betrayal by James Bond's boss.  Either way, he played a very dangerous, exciting game with James Bond in this movie.

This is a must see movie.  Check it out.



Peace

2 comments:

  1. You always pick such interesting!
    I have not seen this one and now feel I must do so soon.
    Loved your description of it. Thank you for picking this one.
    http://mp4mobilevidios.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I hope to see Fast 6 this weekend and discuss it as well.

      Delete