Friday, August 26, 2011

Fresh To Death


My mother schooled me early in life about the importance of having a nice scent.  Slick Rick and many other rappers have rhymed about staying fresh from head to toe.  Back in the day, I believe Brute was the most popular cologne.  Although the popular brand of cologne has changed, the art of staying fresh has not.  In my opinion, nothing caps a night out like having on a nice outfit and capping it off with the perfect cologne.  Wearing cologne is a good thing, but wearing the entire bottle is not.  The phrase “less is better” is probably a good way to approach applying cologne.  I hear applying a little cologne to the back of the ear, the inside of the forearm or in the beard are the best places to apply cologne.  For some reason, application in these areas allows the cologne smell to last just a little bit longer.  Below, I have listed some of my favorite colognes. 

Georgio Armani: Armani Code

Dolce and Gabbana The One
 
Gucci by Gucci
 
Yves Saint Laurent 


Dolce and Gabanna Light Blue
 
Creed
Peace

2 comments:

  1. The YSL is definitely a must have. You have to Check out Bond 9. Hampton and Chez. There are probably a hundred different Bonds but these two are the best in my opinion.They only sell them in Saks 5th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not tried the Bond 9, but I will definitely check it out. Good looking.

    ReplyDelete