Thursday, November 8, 2012

Now Listening To: Friday Night Lights


I am not exactly sure why, but this morning I woke up and started listening to J. Cole's "Friday Night Lights" mixtape.  It is one of my favorite albums from 2010.  I remember listening to it for the first time and thinking that it was worthy of being an actual album instead of a mixtape.  I was also very happy to see a fellow North Carolinian put together hip hop music that would garner respect in the state and across the country.  That is not to say that other North Carolina artists have not been successful; rather, that J. Cole's success and cross over appeal have elevated him into discussions of being the best new artist.  If you have not heard the album, check it out.

Too Deep For the Intro
Blow Up
Premeditated Murder

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment